Saturday, July 7, 2012

Andrea Synder Underwater World 6/7/12

“Underwater World”
Andrea Snyder
Encaustic & Mixed Media, 10 x 8” 
$105
This piece is a further stepping stone into my journey using wax (Encaustic) as a mode of expression. As a mixed media artist I am used to combining mediums and love to play with my materials.  Wax is my newest discovery,and I am LOVING IT!!  This piece is part of my experimental "play."  The back ground surface is acrylic and graphite on clayboard  and the foreground is encaustic on wood panel.  I use a combo of beeswax, oil paint and crayons for my pigmented wax technique.  I love this particular technique as I make a palette on my hot plate and dip and drag the wood panel.  I am always surprised as the image reveals itself. I play and tweak until my intuition tells me when it is done.  This piece feels like an underwater world to me.   Love and enjoy.                                                                                  ~ Andrea Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment