Saturday, July 28, 2012

Jody Jameson - Sushi Bracelet 7-28-12

“Sushi”Bracelet
Jody Jameson
Glass
$70
Inspiration - My fellow beading friend Kathy King came up with a bead quilled technique.  I wanted to come up with my own version of beadwork using her technique.  And, I LOVE sushi!  So, I pulled together both and after viewing (and eating!) lots of sushi "designs", I decided that Sushi Bracelets were the way to express! 

Technique - The first thing I do is take square beads and make "nigiri" bases (lots of them!).  I then make different "raw fish" to rest on top - using basic bead weaving techniques and using a variety of sushi photos for coloring.  For the rolls, I use Kathy King's technique of bead guilled "rolls" and fill with assorted stones, pearls and glass beads.  I link them all together with sterling silver wires/rings and a dyed green pearl to resemble wasabi! 

The finished product is a fun and tasty looking sushi meal! 

ENJOY!                                                                ~ Jody Jameson

1 comment: