Friday, July 27, 2012

Kathryn Bertock - Chain Mail Anklet 7-27-12

“Summer Anklet”
Kathryn Bertock
Chain Mail of Aluminum, Metal Bells  & Glass Beads
$26

            This is anklet is a very easy style of chain mail called "Triangles."  This style can be edited to be larger or smaller depending on the needs of the wearer.  This anklet was made using small triangles that were then decorated with little bells.  The piece is made by hand joining aluminum jump rings.  The aluminum jump rings allow for a very light weight anklet that moves as you walk.  The sounds of tiny bells will follow you through out your day.  I have always enjoyed having items that "talk" as I move.  It's almost like they are celebrating every step you take. 

           I have always enjoyed the craft of chain mail.  It starts with learning the basic skills and adding in more of your own creativity every day.  The possibilities are endless.  A change here or there makes each item special and unique.  I can't wait to see what else is out there for me to learn and incorporate into all of my jewelry making.                  ~Kathryn Bertock

No comments:

Post a Comment