Sunday, July 15, 2012

Louise Francke 2013 Calendar 7-15-12


Whimzical Animals 2013 Calendar
July – Polar Bear in a Rouseau Garden
Louise Francke
$10 – 12-mo. Calendar
          My paintings are inspired by art history masters.  The classic works of the past 400 years have become the rich source of my imagination. I mix the elements of the costumed settings and contemporary people and animals.
          My paintings are full of elaborate detail which heightens the sense of preciousness. The contradiction between master paintings of “high art” and my interpretation creates the essence of my style. I energize the old, with a psychological tension and surrealistic view. 
          July depicts a Polar Bear in a Rouseau Garden. With global warming, polar bears are endangered. This juxtaposes two opposites to provoke thought.                                                                  ~ Louise Francke

1 comment:

  1. Mariah, Louise's work is so lovely. I always find it extremely difficult to refrain from peeking at upcoming month/pages on my calendars. I love being surprised when I flip the page to a new day, month, season. So...I can't imagine a more beautiful surprise each month than Louise's calendar pages. Thank you for today's share.

    ReplyDelete