Monday, August 13, 2012

On a Monday

A young, good looking guy walks in with real desire to find just the right art for a brick wall in his home. He is appreciative and intentional as I show him many possibilities.  Our conversation deepens quickly and I learn he is a resident at UNC hospital. He tells me of a recent surgical procedure in which he saw a liver 'draped gently over the gallbladder, in a lovely amber color'  which prompts me to tell him about the Mamdalas I make from  mammogram images. He invites me to shadow a surgeon in the OR, but I'd become a patient if I did that, so I guide our talk back to our common wonder at the elegance of the body. We express  reverence for the True Art present in all of nature. He leaves. I sigh. Another personal highlight.

On a Monday,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment