Monday, August 20, 2012

On a Monday 8-20-12

My new book goes to publisher soon. Its beautiful images will be wall art here during the month of September. I am busy sizing, printing, framing,  breaking glass, dropping things,  starting over... Its inspired poetry will fill nearly sixty pages. I am busy cutting, pasting, agonizing, smiling, deleting, deliberating... The creative process is a holy terror, bigger energy than a human body can hold (hence it has to come out in some artistic expression) and fearful (in all it demands of the person).

I look at Julia's featured artist wall-- simple, powerful, beautiful. We can never know what went on in her studio or the workshop of her heart. We  relate to what is offered. This reminds me that the other side of this joyful and grueling process, I, too, will be hung out to see. How vulnerable we are. How brave. Then on Sept 15 I get to do what I love  best..read poetry with those who like to listen.

I salute us all in this community called the Joyful Jewel. Salute our individual journeys......sometimes broken into beauty.

On a Monday,
Sharon





website:  http://www.joyfuljewel.com
           newsletter subscription:  mariah.joyfuljewel@gmail.com 
                 www.linkedin.com/pub/mariah-wheeler/12/861/a9b  
                    https://www.facebook.com/TheJoyfulJewel

No comments:

Post a Comment