Monday, December 17, 2012

On a Monday 12-17-12

Today and any day I've worked in recent weeks, a steady stream of customers come into the Jewel. Sometimes the store is 'full', other times 2 or 3, one memorable moment, a little family of 4 with their list. People linger longer than usual, have unfailing patience, glow in the time they have set aside for Christmas shopping in a place with so much beauty and original treasures. It is a true opposite to what must be going on in malls everywhere.

One 'favorite' customer of mine, Angelina Hayes, came in a few years ago. We met soul to soul in my beads here and she became a regular patron of my bracelets and blessing beads. She died a few weeks ago.
Too young and too lovely. Her radiance lives on in many who loved her.


I've started making elegant necklaces, an Angelina Series. A portion of the proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. It's hard to get good pictures of them but I am posting a few today not only to honor beloved Angelina but all our customers who come in for reasons of the soul.I am most grateful to Mariah for the joy and connection I experience here at the Joyful Jewel.

Every blessing to you on a Monday,
and every day.
Especially in this Season. 

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment